This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Ipod - Greatest Invention of All Time

I decided I wanted an Ipod last Christmas and was chatting with my sis as I was heading to Target to buy one. Just a Nano, nothing fancy when she tells me my niece is selling her 60GB video Ipod for $250. Hang up! Call Michelle....fast! Sold! I am now the proud owner of this sweet piece of electronic heaven! Never in my life have I enjoyed any material object more than this Ipod. Never! Hands down! No comparison!

Why you ask? Several reasons; #1) I love music! Always have. Always will. When my parents divorced my Mom would take a few dollars and go buy us one or two 45's on the weekends we were home with her and she would put them on and we'd dance in the living room. Those memories are precious to me. We were free. Free from the anger and abuse and underlying tension that my biological father brought to the house. We had so much fun. Music takes away pain, fear, darkness and brings light and freedom to my life. It can take me back in time or soothe me after a hard day! Music is off the chain! I have noticed that when I listen to music and keep the TV off I don't have problems with being depressed either. Major revelation.

#2) You can get ANY song you want on Itunes. Songs that I haven't listened to in years! I just downloaded "The Very Best of Kool & The Gang". Jungle Boogie, Celebration, Ladies Night! I had these songs on 33 1/3 LP's in high school and they are long gone! Now I have them again, right at my finger tips to listen to any time I want. I know everyone thinks the music they listened to in high school was the best.....humor me.....it really was. The music of the 70's was real. The artists performed, they truly played the instruments, they really sang. Not like today's stuff where the dude with his pants hanging half off his ass, holding his crotch, with a drum machine going and a dude high on weed scratches an LP in the back ground, shouts at you. Do you know why rap "artists" are so angry? They can't sing, that's why! That would piss me off too!

I currently have 1032 songs on my Ipod, 2.8 days worth of music, 257 photos, and 11 videos and still have 50.84 GB's of free space. This thing rocks! It goes where I go! In the car, in the house, in to work, to Kirk's. Everywhere! Speaking of, my love for the Ipod influenced him to buy one and he's enjoying it as much as I do! Sweet!

Ipod's are off the chain!

Life is Sweet!

P.S. Today is the 2 month anniversary of the day Kirk and I first met! He told me today that I am the love of his life. Guess what? He's mine too! I told my Mom a few years ago that my ex was the love of my life and she told me she thought to herself that I needed to raise my standards. I laugh, out loud, everytime I think of that! Mom's have a way of being right don't they! She truly was right. I did and look at me now! I gotta say it again: Life is Sweet!!!

No comments: