Kirk's rides went well this weekend. He had a 60 mile practice ride on Saturday and a 40 mile on Sunday. He is sore but did well! I am so proud of him and told him so. He is doing the BP MS150, http://www.ms150.org/ms150/it's a 150 mile bicycle ride next month from Houston to Austin to benefit MS research. He is doing this as a way on honoring a man in his past who gave him a helping hand that has MS. I think it shows his character to do something like this to support a cause he believes in and also his level of commitment to things he cares about. What a great man I have!
Normally when he calls we talk 6-15 minutes on the average. He's not a phone guy. We talked Saturday for almost 1/2 an hour and on Sunday for a full 30 minutes, he then called back at 12:15 a.m. and again at 6:30 a.m. this morning! WOW! This is the kind of communication I want. It started out that way and then slacked off. (Could be because of my slight depressed jag; wasn't a lot of fun for those 2 weeks.) I have a friend that I met on the same website I met Kirk on that lives in Colorado. He calls and we talk for an hour about everything. He is a great guy, but just a friend. He is respectful and interesting and never pressed for more than friendship so I'm comfortable with it. Anyway, I digress....I wish Kirk would talk for an hour! We are compatible on soooooooo many levels and when we are together we talk but he's just not a phone guy. Can't have everything! Kirk is an "I Love Lucy" fan, He has season 1 on DVD and I have 2, 3, & 5. Kirk just bought the first season of the 2nd greatest show on earth "The Dick Van Dyke Show" which more than covers the phone time issue! Honestly, how many men do you know that love both of those shows....which are my favorite 2 shows on earth! A match made in heaven! The spelling of my name came from that show. Mom read it in TV Guide listing while she was pregnant with me and liked the spelling. There is also a writer or something on the show named Marjorie Mullen, which is my Mom's name. So I have a connection to the show that is rather cool!
Anyway...I can live with little phone time. Relationships are all a compromise and we have to decide which are deal breakers and which are not. Phone time is not! I Love Lucy.... could be!
This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment