This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Beware: Not For the Faint of Heart

If anyone is reading this has a weight problem please listen; stop now! Don't gain another pound. Take control of your life now. I let my weight balloon up until I was morbidly obese. I have now lost 147.5 pounds with only 37.5 to go until I reach my goal weight. I have problems now. Big problems. What is your problem you ask? Skin! Lots and lots of extra skin. Once you have stretched the skin out that much it will never regain it's original form. The elasticity is shot! It's hanging all over my body. My problem areas are my tummy, my thighs, my breasts, my chin and the mother of them all; my arms!

The skin on my arms looks like shriveled up old hot dogs, like you cooked them in the microwave too long and they got all crapey and shriveled, almost like I was in the tub too long! If I would have had a glimpse of my body now while I in the beginning stages of being on the way up maybe I wouldn't have gained all the weight. I can't describe how much my arms disgust me. I want to wear cute sleeveless, cap sleeve, and short sleeve shirts and dresses but I can't. My arms limit my wardrobe as I have to wear sleeves to the elbow or 3/4 length sleeves only. Not until I pay about $3000 and have them done will I be able to show them. I don't have $3000 right now. Maybe next year. The skin even hangs over my elbow when my arms are at my sides.

These pics are not for the faint at heart but if they stop someone from gaining weight then they are worth it. The plastic surgeon told me he will have to cut me from the armpit to my elbow to repair them they are so bad. It makes me want to cry to look at them. I am very happy I lost the weight but the toll the extra weight had on my body is still here.

2 comments:

Kurt Schroeder said...

I'm so sorry...but hey, at least you've lost it and you're healthier for it!

I am trying to lose my weight by working out at the Y three days a week (30 min. elliptical/treadmill + strength training) but so far I have not been successful.

I'm thinking weight watchers is in my near future.

Oh, and for the record, I don't think those photos are nearly as bad as you think they are.

Sandy said...

sorry. That was me, not my husband, posting above. I hate it when he doesn't log out.

:)