Today is the 4 year anniversary of my weight loss surgery. My life started over again in many ways on that day. It was the beginning of me finding who I really am. The Lora that was buried behind all that fat. I chose to have the surgery to find myself and I did it. It's been a long hard struggle...and I'm not done yet....but so far I'm pretty darn happy with how my life has turned out.
I met a lady today and told her a little of my story. She is a women's advocate and asked me if I would be a guest speaker at one of her events for battered/abused women. I told her I would be honored. I didn't do all this hard work to keep my success to myself. If I can help just one other woman overcome an abusive past then it was all worth it. I have survived incest at the hands of my biological father as well as two verbally and emotionally abusive marriages and even a physical attack by the 2nd husband but I valued myself enough to get out of those situations. And I'll be damned if I let my biological father control me with what he did. I have forgiven him and moved on. I want nothing to do with him but I have given myself the gift of forgiving him. I had to.
My life is pretty close to perfect! I may not have a house of my own, or even a cookie sheet for that matter. But all that is just stuff and I can get more stuff. To find out who I am and like myself and have the confidence that I can do any damn thing I want is a treasure!
Divorce: $300
WLS: $25,000
Confidence in myself: Priceless
Life is Sweet!
This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment