How long does it take for the brain to catch up to the body? I still see the obese Lora when I look in the mirror yet when I catch my reflection in a store window I am shocked at how great I look now. I need to post a new pic as I am down 2 sizes from my "after" picture now. I began exercising on 1-2-07 and the change in my body is amazing. I can now feel bones I haven't felt for years and years! I have a waist. I can feel my spine and I don't have to press down to do it. I have defined ankle bones. My collar bone actually protrudes now. So why do I still feel fat? My today's standards I am but by my own I'm fine. If I saw me I would think I look great.... but I don't.
My roomie told me that her Mom and her Mom's friend were looking at me at the party last Saturday and said "Lora is a beautiful woman. She is stunningly attractive and looks so good now." (I only have 3.5 pounds to go to the 150 total loss mark!!!!) Kirk tells me I have "classic beauty, the kind sculptors look for!" Glad he thinks so!!! One of my best male friends tells me I am a "very attractive woman; the kind of woman that any man would want." But I don't see it. I know I'm not ugly but I don't think I'm all that. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be a conceited bitch but I would like to feel pretty. Will I ever?
My sister sent me some clothes and in the package is a beautiful black dress, off the shoulder, a cowl like look across the back neckline, with a modified handkerchief hem, almost down to the ankle. My neck, shoulders and back have turned out to be my best feature so the off the shoulder style is a good one for me. I was amazed when I tried it on. I looked like a princess. It's a beautiful dress. I now have something to wear to the symphony with Kirk. I hope that I feel beautiful when I put it on to go out with him.
This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment