I'm really starting to settle into my new single life and it's pretty darn good! My list of responsibilities has reduced considerably. I have 1/3rd the laundry, you'd think it would be 1/2 but it's not! No complaining here! I have 1/10th the dishes because I don't cook; back to my Wine Cooler and Wheat Thin's dinner pattern, however due to my alcohol allergy I am now drinking Ace's Perry Cider instead of the wine cooler. I must admit that Kim and Kelly do cook and always share with me. Man, do they ever cook good stuff too; last night Kelly made "California Chicken", it was a chicken breast sauteed in some spices, covered with a slice of Swiss cheese and fresh avocado slices, and a salad with feta cheese, olives, wasabi peas, sun dried tomatoes, and croutons. DELICIOUS!! They eat like that all the time. The night before it was grilled red fish and oven roasted zucchini with fresh garlic and shredded Parmesan. See what I mean! They spend most of their time at Kelly's house so I don't really see them more than 2 days out of the week anyway. Kim and I are having a maid come in on the weekends now so I won't have to clean anymore either! SWEET! I've never had a maid before! Now you know why I've titled this post "Life is Good!!" cause......IT IS!!!!!!!!
I've already started shopping online for things for my new house, so my eyes are set on the future. It will be at least a year from now before I start shopping for a house but I want to know in advance what I want for it and will know what to save and what to expect rather than walk into it blind. I have my eye on the kind of washer and dryer I want, I've already picked out my new flatware and dishes at Crate and barrel. I have the bedroom suite waiting at Ashley Furniture, the comforter set is also at Crate and Barrel. I've been a busy girl! All this stuff and I haven't spent a dime.
I think the most, no, I know the most, important change I've made is in myself. I may not know everything I want from my next relationship but I do know what I don't want. That in itself is a major discovery. It took me a long time to get to this point in life but I really like who I am and know what I want. It will be a long time before I am ready for another relationship because I have too much I want to do first. I want my Master's degree, that is of the utmost importance to me. I want to write that book I've been talking about my entire life. And I want to own my own house. Then I'll have time for Mr. Right. I want to be a on my own for a while. I'm not afraid to be single and am going to enjoy every moment of it. Not saying I won't date every now and then but I'm not up for anything serious or heavy for a long, long time.
I'm so happy right now that my feet are barely touching the ground! Reminds me of a cartoon my sister gave me once. It had a drawing of two women talking and the caption reads: "I just lost 175 pounds of useless flab." The other woman says "Did you go on a diet?" and the first woman says "No, I got a divorce."
One more divorce joke:
A perfect greeting card for your ex: front of card would say: "As the days go by, I think of how lucky I am...". Then you open the card and it says: "that you're not here to ruin it for me."
This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The restraining order is expires next week - I shoudl send that to Dan...
Post a Comment