This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Doctors and Lawyers and Judges...Oh My!

I can't tell you how different my life is since I moved out. It's almost the polar opposite. When I was with the ex all we did was go to rodeo's or trail rides, never anywhere you couldn't take a horse with you. Occassionally he would take me to dinner and a movie but it was rare, very rare. The people that attended these events were uneducated for the most part, live very simple lives, don't read or go to movies, theater, or travel. Boring. It was very hard for me to enjoy myself as those I connected with were few and far between.

Last night I went to a party with Kim and Kelly. It was at one of their friends homes, Roberto, who is a lawyer. There were other lawyer's there, also judges who are running for local benches, and doctors. The crowd was very diverse; Plano (Carmel like for you Hoosier's) housewives, gay's and straights. I talked with a gay man who was just adorable. I complimented him on his beautiful hair and he proceeded to tell me about his life; his coming out to his devoutely Christian parents who still won't talk to him many years later, how he had helped other people that were his same faith; Jehovah Witness deal with their own homosexuality, and how happy he is now. He has beautiful eyes, very soulful and the kind of eyes that let you see into his soul. He is a great person. I never would have met someone like him in my former life.

Kim and I were getting drunk, apparently I've been healed of my alcohol allergy PRAISE THE LORD!!! Anyway, we saw these 2 georgeous black men in the corner of the kitchen and Kim commented on how nice looking they were and I said "Yes, they are some beautiful men!!!" and we all know I love me some black men! Kim replied "Let's go tell them!" and we did! We ended up talking to them for hours. Their names are Cordell and Stan. They are great. Cordell is a riot. He had on a great shirt, he called it his "Dating Game" shirt because it looked like the set of the Dating Game with the big 60's style flowers. We danced to a Latin song and laughed. He said Stan just lost his job and I told him we are hiring Exec's at my job all the time. Cordell said Stan would be interested and gave me his business card so I could email him. I looked at the card and saw that Cordell is a Doctor, not just a Doctor, but a Surgeon. I'd been dancing, laughing, talking with a Doctor like it was no big deal. Had I known he was a Doctor I never would have been myself. Kim had taught me that they are people and crap just like the rest of us, to quote her. She is right. She is comfortable rubbing elbows with millionairs as she is with the average joe.

I emailed Cordell today about the job for Stan and this was his reply:

Something told me that you would jump on this today, and you know I was hoping you would. You are an incredible person, and it is your spirit that sets you way up there (in my opinion), which was easily detected. Thanks for being genuine with this.

Wow, is that not a great reply. I'm just trying to help his friend get a job, and haven't told him yet that I will get a $1000 bonus if Stan gets hired so I'm far from Mother Teresa. But this is just one more confirmation that I'm making the right changes and being the person I want to be!

I'm learning a lot. I'm expanding my cirlce. I'm meeting some wonderful people. I'm moving in a completely different circle than I ever have before. I feel comfortable too which is the most amazing part of it all. I've finally stepped into the life I've longed for for so long. One of my best friends called me today and I told him all about it. He told me that I am an attractive woman and very desirable. He said that there are men out there that also run in these circles who will see all I have to offer and that I don't have to settle for ghetto ass idiots ever again. I know that he is right. I am loving my life right now. A part of me is going to miss Texas now that I'm getting this new wonderful life. I'll miss my friend David, Kim and Kelly the most. They have been there for me like no one else through this transition in my life. Kelly said that she and Kim were talking about how happy I seem now. I am. I know I'll have my family in Indy, my precious granddaughters and that's the #1 priority in my life. I'll have to make new friends when I get up there and expand my circle some more. I know how to do it now. I refuse to settle for less.

Life has too much to offer to not go out and grab all you can get. No one has to settle for crumbs....unless they want to.

No comments: