If you have a cell phone, and unless you are 2 weeks-old or just landed on this planet, you probably do, take a minute and write down every phone # in it. I dropped mine yesterday on the ceramic tile in the kitchen and the ceramic tile won. My phone is now in 2 pieces. I can use it with the speaker phone function only; the display part is gone and so are all my phone #'s with it. I have no idea what anyone's phone # is. I kept thinking I would write them down somewhere and never did. I have a ghetto phone now. Imagine having only 1/2 a working phone! How embarassing is that! It will still call 911 so that's all I need for now.
So, until I get a new phone I'm screwed. I went to Nextel yesterday and the cheapo model is $50. I can get a nice one if I am willing to wait for the $150 rebate to kick in so I chose to wait until payday, just 8 more days, and get a nice one. Nextel can download all my info from the old phone into the new one so I'll have the #'s again.....in 8 days! I'll acutally have a camera phone now so can take pics of my sweet grandbabies and have their faces pop up when their parents call me. Cool!
My next stop will be Target to get a new address/phone book! Lessons learned!
Side bar note: There is a guy who works for me that loves him some Lora. I had my hair cut, highlighted and colored over the weekend. Came out pretty red which is not what I wanted. I said lighter, meaning from dark brown to light brown, and she went red. Anyway, the conversation with him goes like this:
Anthony :"I really like your hair.
Lora: "I didn't want red. I said 'lighter' not red.
Anthony: "Oh, no! I almost went to speaking in tongues when you walked into Start-Up meeting today."
Lora: "Really? I don't really like the red."
Anthony: "Mmmmm Hmmmmm, oh yeah, the red looks good, real good."
Lora: (laughing) "You're good for my ego, Anthony."
He is my biggest fan. The poor guy has a wife who doesn't appreciate him. She is nuts. She cut up his badge when she thought he didn't come to work because HR screwed up his paycheck and shorted him a day's pay. She calls with "emergencies" all the time, at least every other week, but he is a good Christian man and won't leave her. I don't want him to leave her, not for me anyway, as I would NEVER want a relationship with any of the hourly employees at work. But he is good for my ego and he says he loves working for me. So we're both happy.
This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment