This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!

Monday, October 01, 2007

Golf....Hobby or Obsession?... and Misc Stuff

I've been bitten by the golf bug. No wonder these golfers are obsessed. It truly is the most fun you can have with your clothes on! haha I love it. To see that little ball go sailing after you wack it with that club is just too cool! Lee and I played yesterday...and even though there is no crying in golf, I cried. Now I know you are probably saying, now can it be fun it you are crying? That, my friend, is my own issue. I put too much pressure on myself to always do great in everything and I was hitting the ball good in the beginning but got frustrated pretty quick into the game and ended up messing up. These jerks that were behind us on the first hole decided to skip the 2nd hole because I was taking too long and then a group of 4 men were behind us and I was still taking too long. Both of these people hit balls at me which is totally against golf etiquette! Jerks! So, Lee was wanting me to hurry and I got frustrated as it takes me about 2-3 minutes to get my thoughts together before I actually hit the ball. Which I guess is too long when you are on the course. So, I need to spend more time at the practice tee! I still love it and will spend more time practicing so I can hit the ball accurately and QUICKLY when playing. But I've only been at it for 2 months so give me a break!

I have decided to go back for my Master's Degree. Probably for a MAM (Masters of Arts in Management) or an MBA. I have already gotten my people to write the two letters of recommendation needed and am going to work on my statement of purpose this week. I hope to start in January. I LOVE school! I can hardly wait to get started! I think I am going to go back to Dallas Baptist University. I got my undergrad there and since this is a different field of study it should be OK to have both degrees from the same school. Having a Christ centered education is of the utmost importance to me. The company I work for will pay the entire bill so I can get it for no monetary cost. Sweet! There is a price to pay; fun will be eliminated as I am not naturally smart and have to study hard for my grades, and I will be losing sleep in order to get papers out and research completed on time, and all this while working about 50 hours a week! But I still can't wait!

Speaking of intelligence. Lee said I was a "dingbat". He said he was kidding but since there is always a little bit of truth in all humor I decided to ask around. My Mom, who loves me more than anyone else on this earth, agreed! She said I can be dingy sometimes. My former roomie, Kim, said so too. So there you go...3 people! I am officially dingy. At least Kim softened the blow. She said that I am so intelligent that common sense sometimes escapes me. She says I am the smartest person she has ever known...I said she needs to widen her circle! haha

Oh well!

Life is sweet!!!

No comments: