This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Second Chances

I work for a major retailer on the Distribution side of the business. I am truly blessed to have such a great job. I have grown so much and they really hold my feet to the fire. I am honored to work there.

Yesterday we had yet another job fair as we are hiring up for the fast approaching "Fall Season" aka Christmas! I interviewed a man who was just released from prison after serving 15 years for drug possession. 15 years. He entered prison at the age of 26. He is now 41. I can't imagine doing that many years for such a crime. Murder; yes. Drug possession; no. Anyway, I don't have all the details so I will not discuss that issue. I got a really good feeling about him. He seemed genuine; like he truly wanted to turn his life around. I wanted to hire him so I signed off on his application. The woman who interviewed him before me had also signed off and that is now I got to interview him. After he left the table she came over and asked what I thought. I told her I would love to have him on my team. She agreed. We both went to HR to cheer lead for him. HR agreed so they took it to a Senior Executive for final approval. Guess what? He got the job. Pending approval by a 3rd party background check..... time will tell us. I prayed for him this morning. He really spoke to my heart. I felt lead by the Holy Spirit that this man needs a second chance.

Jesus gave us all a second chance. He paid for my sins. This man paid for his own crime. I could never pay the price for my own sin. I could do 15 years for a crime but there is not enough time to pay for my own sin. I could never do it. That is why salvation is a gift from God. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16 My second chance to have everlasting life is free. I didn't have to serve 15 years in a cell to get it. All I have to do is believe and speak it with my mouth, believe it in my heart, and accept it. God is so awesome. My cup truly overfloweth with love for Him. God is good, all the time.

Life is sweet!

Keep God First!

No comments: