There is a song playing on Christian radio now by an artist named Chris Tomlin. It's from the sound track for the movie "Amazing Grace" AMAZING GRACE tells the inspiring story of William Wilberforce and his passion and perseverance to pass a law ending the slave trade in the late 18th century. Several friends, including Wilberforce's minister, a reformed slave ship captain who penned the beloved hymn Amazing Grace, urge him to see the cause through. - Amazon.com The movie will be on on DVD in a few weeks. I did not see the movie in the theater but can't wait for the DVD to be released so I can see it.
The words to the song can be found here. It's a good thing I live alone as I listen to it over and over. It speaks to my soul like no other song. When I dwell on the grace that God gives to us I enter a state of deep worship for Him and for all He's done for me. My love for God has grown so much since I joined Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship. I have always been a Christian but it's really just dawned on me in the last few months what that really means. The sacrifice of Jesus Christ's death on the cross is more than just something I need to believe to go to Heaven. Knowing that He loved me enough to go through the suffering, to die, and rise again so that my sins are forgiven is more than I can handle sometimes. I just have to get on my knees and pour my heart out to Him, thank Him and praise His holy name. God's grace is such a wonderful thing. If I had to live under Old Testament law I would surely die and go to hell. Jesus paid the price, He ransomed me with His amazing grace. He wants good things for me. He wants to bless me and give me all the things He has for me. He wants to give me the desires of my heart. All I have to do is surrender my heart and life to Him. I try so hard to do that everyday. I wish everyone could feel the love I feel for my God. He has taken me through so many things and never left me or forsook me. He is my rock, my salvation, my Saviour. I love Him with all my heart, all my soul, with every fiber of my being.
Keep God first.
Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. - Psalm 34:8
Life is sweet.
This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment