This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!

Monday, September 24, 2007

Purpose

I was blessed to attend the annual Singles Conference at my church this past weekend. It was OFF THE CHAIN!!! The praise and worship music was awesome, the classes were awesome, the speakers at the general sessions were awesome, and the fellowship was awesome! God is so good!

It started Friday night and I was sitting next to my friend Chaun. The speaker asked us to pray either alone or with a friend. Chaun and I prayed together. She thanked God for the job He has given me and for the leadership that I have there. Little did I know she was planting a seed from God, actually she was pulling the weeds from the seed that had sprouted but was getting choked out by weeds I let grow there! Then a little later during the praise and worship music I looked up at the musicians and saw one of the hourly team members from work who plays the drums. I looked at him and though how he can use his faith to really influence his coworkers and then God laid it on my heart that He gave me this leadership position in one of the best companies in America to be a witness for Him. I have such an awesome opportunity to really walk in integrity and with professionalism and grace and really show others what God's love and peace can do for His children. I found my purpose. It's been there all the time. I just didn't know it! I get cold chills when I think of it and how blessed I am. Tony Dungee, the head coach of the Super Bowl winning, Indianapolis Colts, uses his position to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He does not shove his faith down any one's throat or preach but he is an amazing example of Jesus Christ for the world to see. I want God to use me like that too, for others to see Jesus in me.

I am so excited about how my life is changing as I draw closer to the Lord. There is a new song on Christian radio right now called "Bring the Rain" by Mercy Me. The message of the song is that if it takes rain in his life to let God get more glory, than that is OK with him. And also that even though the rain comes, it never occurred to him to not trust in God through it all. It's just the greatest song! I hunger for God, I thirst for God, I love Him, I praise Him, I worship Him with all that I am. I am so very blessed!

Life is sweet! God is good....all the time!!!

No comments: