This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!

Monday, January 22, 2007

Music; Lover of my Soul

You know nothing speaks to my soul like music. I love it! I love to lay in the dark, turn the music so loud it fills the room, and then listen to the sound of each instrument and how they all work together to produce this amazing sound. My taste is very eclectic; Jazz, R&B, Country, Blues, Hip/Hop, Classical, etc. Don't care for Tejano, Folk, or Gansta Rap (to all the bitches and ho's, thank you God for giving me this talent...what's that all about?). Anyway, I have been on a download-o-rama with the Ipod. I LOVE that silly thing! It goes where I go! I downloaded one of the greatest dance songs ever (in my humble opinion) "She's a Bad Mama Jama" by Carl Carlton. Man, that song has got a great beat, at least my hips like it! I could dance to it for hours. Discovered the "Play Count" on Itunes and have played "Yeah" by Usher 116 times.....ummmm, do you think I like that song? My hips do, they move when it comes on!

Not jinxing my new thing here but heard "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascall Flatts on the radio the other day and it definitely made me think.....

I set out on a narrow way, many years ago
Hoping I would find true love, along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign, pointed straight to you

Every long lost dream lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way, into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That lead me straight to you

I think about the years I spent, just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost, and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan, that is coming true

Every long lost dream, lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way, into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That lead me straight to you

Now I'm just rolling home
Into my lovers arms
This much I know, is true
That God blessed the broken road
That lead me straight to you
That God blessed the broken road
That lead me straight to you


It is an amazing song and so fitting for someone who's been through a divorce and then found the right one. It is exactly how I feel about my marriages, they were just learnings that helped point me in the right direction. My friend David commented on how confident I am, and the amazing caliber of man I have attracted as of late and what impressive resumes they have. Which is all well and good but what REALLY matters is how THE RIGHT ONE feels about me in his heart and vice versa. I am very excited about this coming weekend....which I refuse to comment any further on at this point. I am not overly superstious but not going to jinx anything by opening my big mouth too soon.

The point of the post is that music speaks to us on so many levels. It's great when you want to have fun and dance. It speaks to your heart when you're falling in love. And it helps you understand the broken road that the majority of us have traveled down a "time or two".

I know I keep saying it but.........LIFE IS SWEET!

1 comment:

Loner said...

You know, that is "our song" mine and Justin's- but you are right, it suits those of us who chose that bumpy path to start on! And you have to call me Monday and fill me in on the weekend!