My Mom may have had a stroke this morning. She is in the hospital right now. They ran an EKG and a CAT scan and both came back normal so that is good. She said she kept dropping things this morning like the toothpaste and then the phone. Then her foot went numb and then her face. She had a stroke at the age of 36 and these were the same symptoms. Her only sibling, her brother Ron, is scheduled to undergo a heart bypass operation tomorrow. So that combined with my mess was more than she can take. Her cruise was NOT relaxing and I think the stress buildup was more than she can handle. She called my sister, Kim, and told her how much she loved her and how proud she is of her last week. It was a call out of the blue and set off some bells and whistles for Kim anyway. So that has us pretty scared. People do things like that right before my leave this life. If I lost my mother I would be lost. I talk to her everyday, some times twice a day. She is my soft place to fall. I started calling her Mama Sita when I was in high school and it stuck. We all call her that now. I was at a friends house and she had a Christmas album playing and it had a Spanish song that went "Mama Sita where is Santa Clause, oh where is Santa Clause? It's Christmas Eve." So I went home singing it and began to call her Mama Sita. She is a sweet mother. She's always been there for us, she has her moments, but for the most part you couldn't ask for a better mother. I adore her and lean on her and always have. If she has some effects from this then it will be her turn to lean on me and I'll be there for her; every minute of every day because she is my Sweet Mama Sita.
I talked to my sister a little while ago and Mom is in the clear. They changed her blood pressure medicine and that could be what caused this. They are going to let her go home tomorrow. My little sister is flying in to stay with Mom and keep an eye on her for a while. This is some scary stuff. We already lost our Dad and it's too soon to lose our Mom. Please pray for her.
This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment