This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!

Monday, August 28, 2006

The Truth

Written: Thu, June 14, 2006 11:57 PM

Sometimes in life someone will tell you the truth. The old saying “the truth hurts” is true. But a true friend will tell you the truth at the risk of hurting your feelings if they feel that the outcome will make you a better person. Last night a true friend told me the truth.

In a nutshell he told me to develop some balls and get some self-esteem. He started the conversation with “I hope you don’t take this the wrong way.” He went on to tell me that I am afraid of standing up to my husband and this divorce issue because I lack self-confidence and there is no reason I don’t have it. He said I am a “beautiful, intelligent woman, with a good heart.” That I have a lot going for me and I need to realize that and tell David how it’s going to be and take control of my life and gain my freedom. It took everything in me to fight the tears as he spoke because I had mixed emotions going on. #1 I knew he was right, and #2 I was mad that someone saw my weakness and was calling me out on it. I can’t stand to be seen as weak in any area. The truth hurts.

He went on to tell me that God gives us opportunities and if we continue to ignore them that He will eventually pull the opportunity away. We pray for His help and need to take it when He offers. I felt like an idiot; an idiot that had just had a light bulb moment!

I could barely sleep last night as I had thoughts racing through my mind every time I woke up. I called my Mom first thing this morning and shared this with her and her first comment was “Where is this young man? I want to hug him. Finally, someone besides your family told you the truth!!!” It’s been an emotional day for me because I have realized that I am a damn good woman and I don’t have to settle for any crap from anyone. I do know exactly what I want and it’s not this marriage. I talked to my husband today and told him that I am going to file in 2 more weeks. We’re going to pay the land taxes on Monday and then have a meeting on working out the details of the divorce. I have earned this freedom. I’m going to enjoy this freedom. I’m going to start living this freedom immediately. It’s been a wonderful day!

God puts people in our lives for a reason. I know I’ll always hold this man in a special place in my heart because he was strong enough and cared enough to tell me the truth. I was in the place I was last night so I could hear this message. God chose this man to give it to me and I’ll never forget that moment when the light’s came on.

Life is good and I’m going to enjoy every moment and be happy!

No comments: