This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I Quit!!

Friday is my last day! YEAH!!!!

I had a dentist appt and notified my supervisor and he was such a jerk about it that I wanted to quit on the spot. I did the right thing and gave them a weeks notice even though they wouldn't do that for me!

Here is the email exchange that prompted my quitting:


To: Jacob Ba....................
cc: (bcc:
Lora Flake/Temporary/Corporate/B.....)
Subject: Re: Email Volume
Tuesdays is the only day the Oral Surgeon comes in. So it's the only day I can get the tooth pulled. Since I am asking 2 weeks in advance I didn't think it would have a negative impact on the job. That's why I am willing to go another 2 weeks with an exposed nerve in my tooth. I am really trying to be cooperative here.

*************************
JACOB B.........
05/25/2005 01:10 PM

To: Lora
Flake/Temporary/Corporate/B.......
cc:
Subject: Re: Email Volume
Lora,
The schedules are set the way they are for a reason. You and Matt get Wednesday off cause we have enough staff on that day but not enough on the other days of the week.

Is there a reason why you did not schedule this for Wednesday. Right now we do not need you to work on a Wednesday. That is why you have it off. Switching your days would only negatively effect Tuesdays service level. what would you suggest we do about this situation?
Jacob
*********************
Lora Flake/Temporary/Corporate/B........
05/25/2005 12:10 PM

To Jacob
B........
cc
Subject
Re: Email Volume

He I wanted me to come in tomorrow to have the tooth pulled but I knew I couldn't get off work so I scheduled the appt for Tuesday June 7th at 10:30 a.m.. Will it be alright to switch my schedule and take Tuesday off that week and work on Wednesday instead? BTW- I got here at 11:30 today and will work until 3:00 to get my full 4 hours of OT for Tue-Wed as required.
Thanks
**************
JACOB B........
05/24/2005 04:47 PM

To: Lora
Flake/Temporary/Corporate/B........
cc:
Subject: Re: Email Volume

thanks for letting me know
Jacob
*************

Lora Flake/Temporary/Corporate/B........
05/24/2005 02:55 PM

To Jacob
B.......
Subject Re: Email Volume

As I mentioned in an earlier email I have a dentist appt tomorrow morning. I may have to have a tooth pulled, if so there is no way I will be able to physically do the 4 hours OT between today and tomorrow since I'm already working 11 hours today. I will go ahead and push today to 12 hours and stay until 8:00 p.m. I'll do the other 3 hours the rest of the week, as I already volunteered. But wanted to let you know because of this dentist appt I might not be able to come in.

I know the business needs are your first concern, but I absolutely can not cancel this dentist appt. I've had a chip out of this tooth for a year now and since I haven't had a job or dental insurance I couldn't afford to get it taken care of. Some days I'm in incredible pain as the nerve is exposed and am have been living on Ora-jel to numb it.

If they don't pull the tooth I will be here tomorrow to do the other 3 hours. Not sure what time as I have no idea now long I'll be there. Just letting you know ahead of time what might happen. Do I need to bring a receipt from the dentist office even though it's my day off?
Thanks.
****************
JACOB B.........
05/24/2005 02:08 PM

Subject: Email Volume

Team we are currently backlogged by over 4500 emails. These are all emails from yesterday. We just completed emails from Sunday in the 12:00 hour. Due to this high number of emails everyone is needed to work overtime for email. We need 4 hours from each of you. You can work these four hours today and tomorrow. We will be here until 8:00 PM tonight and as early as 7:00 AM tomorrow.

A reply with history response is required from every employee. Attached is the times available for Overtime. Respond with the dates and time you will work today
5-24-05 and tomorrow 5-25-05 to complete this requirement.

Thank you for you time on this matter.
Jacob.....

*******************

I am just appalled to think that he thinks this is acceptable to treat employees like this. I am almost 45 years old, I've been a supervisor myself and never in a million years would I treat my employees like this. It was always by goal to maintain the dignity and respect of my employees. This company and this man have a lot to learn about people it they think they are going to have a successful business. No wonder they are constantly represented negatively on the news lately!

1 comment:

Loner said...

Checked your blog today because I wanted to see just what you had planned for your first workday NOT working for "the man" at B>>>>>.