I emailed my prayer partner this morning and this is a part of her reply:
I'm sorry the job didn't come through for you, Lora. Perhaps God has a different plan for you or there is something else HE is teaching you in the mean time. Or perhaps it would not have been a good job for you....(things aren't always as they seem you know).... I know how hard disappointments can be. Life just doesn't take the path we want it to sometimes, but it isn't the direction you are going that is important -- it is how you handle the bumps in the road that God is looking at. So...just keep on a drivin' girl and you will get there and enjoy the trip too! I'll be praying for you. (emphasis mine)I can't tell you the amount of healing these words delivered to my spirit! This lady is more than a dear friend, she is almost family! Her husband, the husband of her youth, is fighting cancer right now. Instead of enjoying their retirement years, they are dealing with this disease. In the midst of all her own trials she reached out to me and comforted my soul. God may not be showing His face to me now but He is sending His messengers to let me know He does love me and He cares.
I called the DISD AC program this afternoon and spoke with Dr. DaSilva the same man who came to DBU to recruit. He explained that due to the recent lay-off's at DISD that they didn't have enough positions open for all the candidates but that I would be qualified for the Alternative Certification Teacher Academy It's by invitation only and I could become a teacher in any school disctrict via the Academy. It's MUCH cheaper than any of the other programs so he is going to send me an invitation. He said he had already talked to the head of the Academy about me as he wants me in it because I am a Christian and graduated from DBU. So there is light at the end of the tunnel.

2 comments:
Lora, I'm sorry to hear about this. Were you going to call us at some point (I don't think you ever have) to let us know about this? Getting this news from a blog just wasn't the way that Stace wanted to hear about this. She and I have been praying about you for a long time.
So sad to hear about this - I know it has been such a struggle for you and that getting out of work-hell seems to be taking forever. There isn't much to say that won't sound trite - except that you have weathered a lot - and God has certainly shown you His favor in the past, can't imagine He woudl forget you now. You will get through this and on to whatever it is He has planned for you. Maybe it is the alternative program - hard to discern when you think you heard Him right and things don't turn out. You at least have a feel for what they are looking for, and certainly the comments from Dr DeSalva show that it wasn't you personally - they were out of spots. Sounded like he was able to recognize someething in you to invite you to the alternative program - and that is another start. The promise of something new in the works pales in comparison to having a job on Friday. Don't worry - the day will come, it is just taking longer!!
Post a Comment