I had my interview with the DISD AC program yesterday. I was there at 8:45 for a 9:00 appointment and wasn't called in until 9:10. There were people who came in after me that were called before I was. I think that was because God knew who He wanted to interview me. It was a very sweet lady named Dr. Jones.
Dr. Jones took me to a large classroom style room where there two other candidates were being interviewed (two of the people who were called before I was) and we finished before they did. My conclusion is that Dr. Jones either thought A) Wow, she would make a wonderful teacher! or B) No way, Jose!!! I am hoping for A! She said I'll know prior to May 14th. If I don't hear anything by then then I have not be chosen. If I do then that means I am in!
Only 2 more days until I get my test scores. The countdown is making me nervous. The thought crossed my mind this morning of what will I did if I don't get in? I have no clue. All my energy and thought has gone into being a teacher. I can't imagine doing anything else with my life. I hope Dr. Jones saw that in me. All my family and friends tell me I will make a great teacher. I hope Dr. Jones saw that too.
I am trying to have faith and know that what God told me was indeed from Him and not my own desire. I know I am anxious to find out and get going on the training. I can picture myself in my classroom with 20 or so little faces calling me "Teacher". I have visualized the goal. The all knowing "they" say that this is the way to achieve your goals. Picture yourself in the area or situation you want to be in.
Well, enough rambling. I need to go mow the grass. I am supposed to be at "Nightmare on Elm Street" (my temp job) right now but I called in with a family emergency. Guess I can mow while babysitting a sick grandchild. That's what TV's are for! Who wants to go to work for 3 hours on a Wednesday evening anyway? That job certainly doesn't care about anyone's personal life. I've never worked anywhere like that in my life! Hope I never do again either! They are the picture of "moral deflating"!! I guess I need to keep a list of what I think needs improvement but they wouldn't listen to me anyway! There I go rambling again......guess it helps to take my mind off the wait!
This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You're almost there, Lora! Have faith - we do in you. You will be missed this weekend, but I hope that you'll holler at us with some good news in the near future!
Post a Comment