This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Lessons

In the past I would have thought the trials at my job are a punishment and that God should deliver me or protect me. Now I know that it is part of life and a way for me to show non-believers how a Christian handles these problems.

I talked to the most hateful customer yesterday. She was so hateful I was shaking and even took off my headset and laid it down while she was talking and she didn't even know I had done it! When I was telling some co-workers about it one of them said "Oh, the "Court TV" lady. Apparently she is well known! There were notes from previous calls as long as my arm in her account. The human side of me wants to enter her name and address in every web promotion I can find to let her be slammed with a bunch of junk emails and bogus offers, the Christian side of me says to pray for her because she needs Christ in a major way. I couldn't sleep last night because I was so shaken up at just how mean she is. I did pray for her to get what she deserves and will leave what that is up to God.

I continue to despise this job! The management sucks and have never heard of the word "communication". I guess it bothers me more because I am a Communications major. I asked a question during the first meeting we ever had (keep in mind I started in February) about why we have to hear things in the break room instead of it being communicated to us and the newly promoted "team lead" who I kindly refer to as Loretta Lynn told me that "We ARE working on that." Excuuuuse me! It would be nice to know when there are problems since we are front line with customers. I guess Bush would be good at running this place because he sent our troops to the front line without armored vehicles!

Loretta sent an email to the rest of the team yesterday saying that those of us who work the 10:30-7:00 shift were to come in at 8:00 again this morning. Did I get the email???? Nooooo! So once again poor communication rears it's ugly head. I imagine this is the most responsibility Loretta has ever had and it is challenging to her. She is letting it go to her head big time. This is a text book example of the Peter Principle! So, I smile and try not to let it get me down. I have great ideas and could really help them out here but I am just biding my time till I can get out of here! 7 weeks and 3 days to go!

No comments: