This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

17 miles....Holy Shit!

I started on an exercise routine back the first part of December. I'm trying to drop 50 pounds before my tummy tuck in May. Down 23 so far (142 total)! Woo Hoo. I joined a gym yesterday and did 45 minutes on the treadmill at an incline. I have a friend who is a body builder and he said that walking at an incline is better than running and will burn more calories with less impact to the joints. I lost the feeling in my legs for a few minutes afterwards and it felt like I was floating for the first few steps. Weird.

Then I get home and Kimberly asks if I want to ride the bikes! SURE!!! We load them up and go to White Rock Lake. It was a 17 mile ride! I did it! Me, formerly super-morbidly obese me! Rode a bicycle 17 miles! I'm really not too sore today, so all the walking I did prior to joining the gym must be working! Kirk told me to drink another protein shake before bed and I did. (Had 3 total for the day.) He said my body needs the added protein after all that training in one day. He also said to take Vitamin C & E. I had the C, going to get some E today. I think that is why I feel pretty good today. My baby is so smart!!! My whole body is changing shape. I feel bones I've not felt for years and years and years. Have sensitive areas I never knew were there...added bonus! And overall feel better than I have since I was a teenager. My energy level has doubled and I really think about something before I eat it. Who are you and what have you done with Lora?

I'll always be a big woman, no problem with that. I like my thickness. I think thick women are more attractive than thin women. Curves are a beautiful thing! But I can be healthy and curvy too! The only thing that wants a bone is a dog and he goes and buries it!

Life is Sweet!

No comments: