Mascara alert: You've been warned!
Last night I got home from having my hair done, which by the way she HOOKED ME UP! The hair is off the chain! The color is copper brown with golden highlights, sexy bangs that fall mid-cheek and the length is just touching my shoulders. She razor cut so the layers lay perfectly! She said I look like Kirsty Allen, I said "Great cause she is beautiful." Anyway, I digress.
Kim and Kelly were putting up the Christmas tree and Kelly says "Your stocking is at my house." and Kim says "Yeah, and the candy in it is the bomb, I've been stealing it. We hooked you up with the presents. You're going to have a great Christmas." And I just started to cry. I tried to hide it but couldn't. Kelly looks at me and says "Are you crying?" and Kim says "Yep, its the Christmas stocking." And I said "Yep that's it." She came over and hugged me and I told her "You just don't know what it means to me to have someone care about me. It's been so long that anyone cared enough about me to get me a Christmas Stocking. I am so blessed to have you both for friends. I love you guys so much, you've been so good to me and I'm so happy now. I know it's because of you guys." Kim said "We love you too. You're a part of this family now and always will be. My family (meaning her Mom and sister) love you, girl! You're stuck with us!" They are a hoot! I love them all.
Kelly didn't hug me but she was crying too. She gets freaked out over emotions and asked me if I was going to cry at Christmas too because she needs a warning ahead of time to prepare for it! She is a riot!
I have been so neglected for so long. I give to other people but don't get back, I gave and gave and gave to my ex and his family and got nothing back. Not even a thank you. There doesn't have to be a thing in that Christmas stocking and it couldn't mean any more to me than it does now! Just to know they care about me enough to want to get me a stocking to hang in their house means more than you can imagine. I guess it's just the symbolism of it. It says they care, that they love me, and that I am important to them. I matter! Everyone needs to know they matter. I know my kids love me but I feel like they love their father more. I know my mom loves me but she loves my younger sister more, and her sister-in-law, and her friends, and the neighbors, and the mailman..... My sister Kim loves me unconditionally and always will so she is not part of this equation. To know that someone who is not my family, does not share my bloodline, cares about me is a great feeling! I am overwhelmed. My cup runneth over.
This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment