This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!

Monday, November 20, 2006

Fun Sunday

Had a great time yesterday even thought the Colts lost to the Cowboys! I'll have to eat some crow at work Tuesday. Kelly and Kim came home and announced it was time to work in the yard. I really enjoy yard work and haven't done it for years! There was no reason to fight it at my old house. When there are 800 beer cans and old rusty barrels and junk motors sitting around why bother?

I mowed the front yard and Kim transplanted some flowers. She wanted a Rose of Sharon tree moved so we dug and dug and finally Mother Earth let us have the tree. It was a lot of work!! We took a break and went to Home Depot to buy a chain saw and grab some lunch. Kim has a tree in the side yard that needed to come down. It was about 10-12" in diameter and around 20' tall. Kelly is a bad mama jama with a chain saw. I saw a great "Funniest Home Videos" moment and grabbed the camcorder. Kelly cuts the tree down and then started to cut it into smaller pieces when the chain got stuck. She asks Kim to pick the tree up to release the chain. Kim looks up side her head and says with a great sense of indignation "I can't pick that fucking tree up. It weighs 400 pounds." Kim tries to pick it up and of course it doesn't budge. Kelly then looks at Kim again and says "Lift it right here." and points to a spot. Kim then breaks out laughing again and says "I can't pick this tree up." I caught it all on video and it is hysterical. We shall show it to family and friends on Thanksgiving! Kelly had a ball with the chainsaw! She cut down trees and stumps and stray branchs all afternoon! She mowed the back and then Kim and I replanted the tree. We were sore and tired but the yard looks great!

We had fun, I always have fun with those two. I am very blessed to have two such wonderful friends, I really am!

1 comment:

Loner said...

Maybe I should offer to have her come up here! I have so much territory I have to cover witha chain saw - and they freak me out!