My church had revival this past week and one of the preachers said something that really had an impact on me. He said “Satan will tattoo your past on your mind and use it to stop you from serving God.” He went on to explain that every time you start to do something for God that Satan will use that tattoo to remind you of “what you are” and “what you did” and make you think that God can’t use you. How could God use a sinner like me? After all I did “fill in the blank”. We all know what a tattoo is. It’s something permanent and will always be there. We can have it removed but there will always be a scar showing where it once was. However, with Jesus all things are possible. There might be a tattoo of all the things I did in my past that I am ashamed of, but God will not hold it against me. The tattoo might be there, but God doesn’t see it or even care about the scar.
I firmly believe that Satan is alive and well in America, roaming around seeking who he can kill and destroy and that we as the accepting, loving, anything goes, and lets-be-careful-not-to-offend-anyone people that we are, give him free reign. We allow him to destroy our lives and believe that things are OK when they are not. Depression is not OK, it’s a lie from the devil, and living together without the uniting in marriage is not OK. Satan is attacking our morals and destroying us. I don’t want to sound like a right wing liberal because I’m not. What I am is a Christian, I believe that if we do what the Bible says then we will be successful, we will be happy, and we will have the peace that we do desire in our lives. Joshua 1:8 says “Do not let this book of the Law depart from your mouth. Meditate on it day and night so that you will be careful to everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.” NIV
I don’t believe that God is going to drop a Navigator in my driveway or have me stumble on a sack of $100 bills as I’m walking the dog. But I do believe that He will allow me to make ends meet and have a peace in my heart everyday that defies explanation. Man days are few and full of turmoil according to the Bible and as long as we are on this earth is not going to be easy because of the attacks from Satan. He wants us to be mad at God and blame our problems on God and not on who the real culprit is; Satan himself. But Jesus didn’t die on the cross for us to live a difficult life. He died to give us life and so that we could have it more abundantly. John 10:10-11says "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep."
Can you tell the revival got me all revved up? I am so on fire for God right now. I love Him, I praise Him, I worship Him! I want to take as many people to heaven with me as I can. I am ready to really work for God now!
This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Girl, what you said is absolutely true - these tattoos are like a Yak Back at times - rplaying how unworthy we are because we did ___ and how this time will be like last time. Sucks - but you put an excellent spin on it.
Post a Comment