This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Blessings

I have been so busy with my career problems that I haven't had time to post about the great moments of the kids visit. Here they are in order:

1) There is no feeling to compare to having your first grandchild in your arms and she lays her precious little head on your shoulder and nuzzles in your neck!

2) Mary's sweet little butt taking a bath in the kitchen sink! I'll never wash dishes in the sink again unless of think of her sitting in it playing with a "Teen-age mutant Ninja Turtle" cup that was her Daddy's when he was a little guy!

3) Heather climbing up in my lap and looking up at me with her beautiful blue eyes and in the saddest voice saying "Grandma Lora, I wish we could live in both Texas and Indiana like we do with my Dad. We live in both Mommy and Daddy's houses." I said "I know, Honey, I wish you could too. I'm going to miss you." and she said "I'll miss you so much." and then she put her head on me and hugged me. Made me want to cry. We just sat and rocked and watched "That's so Raven" and didn't say anything else. It was a real moment of bonding.

4) Tammy and I "out shooting" our husband's with the BB gun! We both hit 3 out of 4 shots at the soda can when our "marksman" husbands hit only 1 of 4! Girls rule, boys drool!!!!

5) Getting to know Tammy even better! She is the best mother in the world! She is definitely a Proverbs 31 woman. My son is so blessed to have her for a wife, as a matter of fact she may be too good for him! ha-ha just kidding! I love her so much and am so proud of her. I couldn't have picked a better mother for my first grandchild than Tammy. I hope David can find a woman half as good as Tammy for his wife. I prayed for her the whole time Matt was growing up, not knowing who she was, but that God would prepare her heart for Matt and vice versa. God answered that prayer with Tammy!

6) Getting Robert and Javale together! I always wanted them to be able to play together! I don't know who is worse! They are both all boy and had a grand old time climbing on the hay, swimming in the kiddie pool, and riding the horses together.

7) Celebrating my 45th birthday with my 5 favorite grandkids surrounding me! Tammy baked a birthday cake for me and all the kids gathered around the table and sang "Happy Birthday" to me and ate cake and ice cream. Hubby David took a picture of me with all of them but Mary, who was asleep, I'll always have great memories of this birthday.

It was a great visit. I thoroughly enjoyed having them here. Family is really a blessing and grandchildren are the biggest blessing of all!

3 comments:

Thoughts From Serenity said...

Awww....nice post! What happy memories.

Loner said...

So glad I checked your blog today! Can you believe you're a grandma???? I am ocunting the days - no hurry mind you - but still counting the days!

Loner said...

um - I meant to say "counting" stupid spell checker!