I have already said that I know that it is God's plan for my life to be a Teacher. He gave me more confirmation yesterday morning.
I have to pay for some college classes that I'll be taking this summer as a part of the Alternative Certification (hereafter known as AC) program. I don't have the $1000+ that I need. Yesterday morning I prayed "Father, I know it was your plan for me to be a Teacher. You know that I don't have the money for these classes but I know that you do. Please take care of it for me. I'm trusting in you."
I talked to my Mom later that morning but never mentioned my prayer. She asked me if I would have to pay for the program right now and I told her I would only have to pay for some classes but the cost of the program would come out of my check over the course of the year. She said "It's taken care of!" I said "What?" and she said "The college courses are taken care of. I'll pay for it out of Granny's inheritance money for you." PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!
So this is further confirmation that I am doing what God has planned for me. I have always loved kids and have a special understanding with them. I have a sense of fairness and am always willing to listen to what they have to say. Kindergarten and 1st grade were very traumatic for me so I'll be able to relate to any child who has a hard time separating from a parent all day to go to school. I believe kids are just little people and have feelings just like grown up's do. I consider this a high calling, especially since it is God's design for my life. I know teachers aren't paid well and it's not a "desirable" job to many people, but I can hardly wait!! It's like my whole life God has been telling me this but I didn't connect the dots. At least a dozen times over the course of my life children have randomly asked me if I am a teacher. I'd be standing in line at Wal-Mart and a little kid would ask "Are you a teacher?" and I'd say "No" and then scratch my head wondering if I looked smart or mean! ha-ha Now I know it was God sending me clues!
I am counting the days till I am out of this temp job and on to DISD and a classroom 5 days a week !!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I can picture your granny up in heaven, hoping her money would go to good use - and what better use than to help you with this dream THIS is what inheritance is for - one last gift - one last favor - an act of remembrance.
Funny how life has dragged us through so much - and yet now you understand where those wee little ones are coming from - you understand what it is like to be afraid, to be hurt, to be betrayed - and most importantly - to be loved. Reminds me of the Passion - did people lie about you - yea, He went through that, did someone betray you - did that too - laugh at you, make you pay for something you didn't really do - all these things enable us to go to Him because He lived it already - He knows how it feels. He has blessed you with that inherent knowing as well - even though it sure doesn't seem like blessing at the time.
Post a Comment