When I was a child I'd look at both of my Grandmother's skin. It was wrinkly, almost transparent, very white-almost to the point of being blue- and very dry. Now, at the not-yet-ripe-old-age of 44 I look down at my arms and see that same skin. It looks like chicken skin. I am now a chicken!
See what you get to look forward too!! You live your life. Take care of your children. Abuse your skin. Lay in the sun--sans lotion or sunscreen (heck, I use to smear on the baby oil and fry)--for hours. All this while never giving a second thought that that chicken skin on your Granny's arms would be your's in a few short years.
Well, guess what you young chicky-poos? Surprise! One minute you are young and cute and the next minute Bo Pilgrim and Colonel Sanders are knocking on your door!
Gone are the days of sleeveless shirts! Old women don't wear sweaters because they are cold, they wear them to hide their chicken skin! I believe it was Erma Bombeck who said "Old age is not for sissies"...truer words were never spoken!
This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My daughter, Laura King, shared your website with me. I found it delightful and will be looking forward to reading your updates.
Carol
Post a Comment