Talk about a blessed Christmas! I am with my family today in Indianapolis at my sister Robin's, house. I have not been able to be here with them on Christmas Day for over 10 years! I do come home for Christmas in early December but have not been able to be here on the actual holiday for many years! We opened presents last night and ate some of the best food ever! My brother-in-law, George, is the best cook in the world.....Paula Dean has nothing on George!!!!!
While I have had moments when I remembered why I moved away, for the most part I have had a wonderful time! :) I brought my dog with me this time because my dog sitter was not able to keep him. Everyone just loves Harley and he has been such a good doggie the whole trip! It is great to have him here as I would have missed him so much.
My sister, Kim and I were talking about a gift I got last night. It was an "I Love Lucy" lava lamp! I am a big "I Love Lucy" fan! Anyway, we were talking about Lucy and Dezi's marriage and how Dezi was so unfaithful to her even though he loved her so much. Kim said "It would be horrible to be a slave to your fleshly desires." In that moment I realized that I have been a slave to my appetite and that is why I have struggled with my weight for the majority of my adult life. I love the Lord with all my heart, and soul, and might. Yet, I have not forsaken my fleshly desires for sweets to Him. I realized that I trust in Him but have not surrendered control of my appetite to Him. In that moment my life was changed.
My prayer is that everyone knows the love and saving grace of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, this Christmas Day!
Life is sweeter than honey!
This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment