This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!

Monday, June 30, 2008

Hello Sports Fans


Sorry for the long delay in updating my blog! Here is what is going on in my world! I went to Indy for my sis's 50th Birthday pary and it rocked! Here is a pic of my best friends in the whole world! Robin, Kim (the birthday girl) and me. She was totally surprised and we had a wonderful time. We danced, my niece did the cutest skit of moments throughout Kim's life, we ate, drank and were merry! We got to take a moment to tell her how much we love her so it was great!
OK...what else.....church is....I know you won't believe this.....OFF THE CHAIN!!! Here is a prayer of blessing my pastor prayed over the women yesterday. Many of us have not been blessed as Issac blessed Jacob in Genesis 27. He thought he was blessing Esau but Esau had sold his birthright for some stew and then lost his blessing too. Many of us didn't have fathers to pass a blessing on to us and we don't have our society set up anymore that God's word is important or even necessary for our lives. If we live a true Christian life people treat us like we are strange but that's OK Christians are foreigners...we are not home because heaven is our home! Here is the blessing:

Dear God,
I trust you to give me what’s mine.
Thank you for my future.
Thank you for my hope.
Thank you for my plan.
Thank you for what’s coming to me.
Thank you that I am special.
Thank you that I am significant.
Thank you for making me a Queen.
And may I not settle for anything that reduces me from being the Queen that you have made me.
Thank you that I can look forward to getting from you all that your will has promised to me.

I’m going to follow you until my change comes.

Thank you, Jesus!

I bought the sermon on CD so I could write this blessing down. I transcribed it from the CD, printed 3 copies: posted one on each bathroom mirror and the third copy in my Bible. I will read it everyday until it is ingrained in my heart. I was in tears and had I not been in church I would have been in audible sobs while the Pastor was reading the sermon. OK...church got better.....
I volunterred to be a mentor in the Project Turn Around outreach ministry at my church. Click here to check it out! Click on "The National Church Adopt-A-School" program link to see a video on the program. I will be mentoring 4 teen-age girls at a local high school. After my interview the man, whose name is Moses, shook my hand and said "God has a message for you. He wants you to know that He has something big in store for you. He is getting ready to do something in your life. And your latter years will be far greater then the former." I started to cry and he told me not to. He then told me he would be honored for me to be a mentor at the school where he oversees the outreach program. I was so honored and humbled. God is working in my life and I am so excited to be His vessel. God uses broken people so I am not too broke for God to use me. He used Rahab who was a prostitute at one time in the lineage of Jesus Christ! He used Moses to lead the Isralites out of captivity and Moses was a murdered. He use Samson and Samson was a big time player! He used Peter who denied at one time that Jesus was God. So I know He can use me too!
Go get your blessing!

No comments: