It seems the harder I try to be what God wants me to be the madder the devil gets and attacks me full force. No one ever said it was easy to live a Christian life, not even God. It is very hard because we live in a carnal body. We are to be "Christ like" but even Paul said he did the very things that he didn't want to do. It is a daily fight, hourly sometimes, to keep my flesh under control. The Bible says in Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." That self-control one is hard! I want to get mad and cuss and throw things. All that would do is make me feel better in the moment! Sometimes it's necessary as Jesus did that in the Temple when he turned over the money changers tables. But I'm not Jesus and I don't suppose it's OK to do that when someone in Wal-mart won't move their cart and I've said "excuse me" to them twice! :)
My Pastor told me last night that the way to have God's will in your life once He has already shown you what it is, is it to speak it in prayer. Not "God if it's your will for me to be a teacher...." I am to say "God, you told me it's Your will for me to teach. I claim a teaching position in Your name." Now that's speaking POWER into your life! I know it is what I am to do. The Bible says to speak with your mouth and I plan to do it.
I know that Satan knows I am near my Promised Land and he is doing everything he can to destroy me before I get there but I won't let him! No way, no how! He knows that I am prone to depression so he attacks me relationally so I have a spirit of despair. But according to Isaiah 61:3 "...and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor." The only way to defeat the enemy is to know how he works. It's a "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" kind of thing. You can't trick me if I know you are coming and am prepared. We have already defeated the devil through the blood of Christ so the devil is fighting a losing battle anyway. Go, Jesus!!!
So, I'll put on a garment of praise and go along my merry way! We can't manifest the joy God placed in our bellies at creation if we are constantly depressed. Let's get ready to rumble, Devil! You are going down!
This is my place to record my random thoughts and sometimes what's bugging me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment